March 29, 2020 A prayer for our world
Today is Sunday March 29, 2020, This is Pastor Jay Wiebe with a few thoughts to encourage you today. Even though we seem to be living in a surreal moment in time, be assured that our God is still faithful and has blessed us with another day by His grace!
Let us continue to praise Him for the many blessings He showers upon us even during this time! There are two messages that will be available later this morning to bless your day. A passage of scripture that I would like to share this morning is Psalm 90
(A Prayer of Moses the man of God.)
- Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.
- Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
- Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.
- For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
- Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up.
- In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down, and withereth.
- For we are consumed by thine anger, and by thy wrath are we troubled.
- Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance.
- For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told.
- The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
- Who knoweth the power of thine anger? even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath.
- So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
- Return, O LORD, how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy servants.
- O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
- Make us glad according to the days wherein thou hast afflicted us, and the years wherein we have seen evil.
- Let thy work appear unto thy servants, and thy glory unto their children.
- And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.
Here’s a prayer that was sent to me courtesy of YouVersion Bible app: